[CT Birds] NH Migration Festival - CT DEEP Cmr. Klee Will Make Important Announcement About Birds Tomorrow!

Breslin, Sandy sbreslin at audubon.org
Sat Sep 20 21:37:06 EDT 2014

Hi All,

Another great reason to attend the New Haven Migration Festival<http://ct.audubon.org/events/sept-21-lighthouse-point-park-migration-festival-new-haven>! We learned today that CT DEEP Commissioner Rob Klee will be making an important announcement about birds and bird conservation at 1:15 PM TOMORROW at Lighthouse Point Park in New Haven that will recognize the Important Bird Area Program<http://ct.audubon.org/important-bird-areas-11> in the state and establish a bird conservation advisory committee to work with DEEP on habitat management and other birding and bird conservation-related issues - - something that Audubon Connecticut has been working on for some time, along with allies like COA and CAS.

We'd love to have a big turnout both for the Festival and its organizers - the New Haven Department of Parks, Recreation and Trees -  and for Commissioner Klee. This announcement marks a big step forward for recognition of birding and bird conservation.

Finally, birds and birders will have a regular forum for communicating with DEEP. To see existing advisory councils: http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?a=2690&q=322404&deepNav_GID=1511%20

Please grab your binoculars and scopes and join us at LHPP!

All the best,

-          Sandy

Sandy Breslin
Director of Governmental Affairs
Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488
(203) 804-0488 Cell (Best!)
(203) 264-5098 x306
(203) 264-6332 Fax

Audubon Connecticut, the state office of the National Audubon Society with more than 10,000 members statewide, works to protect birds, other wildlife and their habitats using science, conservation, education and advocacy for the benefit of people and the earth's biological diversity. Through our network of nature centers, protected wildlife sanctuaries and local volunteer Chapters, we seek to connect people to nature and inspire the next generation of conservationists.