[CT Birds] Backyard Birding

Ricki Soucy rickisoucy at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 08:41:03 EDT 2014

Didn't have to go far for a few migrants this morning.  The black walnut and dying ash trees at the top of our yard are bird magnets at all times of the year.  This morning had 3 kingbirds and a lot of palm warblers, maybe a dozen or so closer down to the base of the trees, and a very vocal house wren.  Hummers still coming to the kitchen window feeder and dive bombing my husband in the garden.  Fog has now come in and the activity has become muted.  Heading to Thomaston this afternoon so maybe things will be better up to the dam.

Ricki Soucy