[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge Hawk Watch: Slow weekend but next two days should be good

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 22:05:35 EDT 2014

With overcast, muggy conditions and Southerly winds, hawk migration came to
somewhat of a standstill this weekend at Quaker Ridge with less than 100
birds counted. Tomorrow and Tuesday however will see a shift back to NW
winds and lower temperatures so this may be our last chance for a final
push of Broad-Winged Hawks this season. If you wanna catch them before
they're off to Ecuador I'd suggest you head up here in the next couple days.