[CT Birds] Fw: Hartford Audubon program for teachers

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 22 09:44:35 EDT 2014

Hartford Audubon is offering a program on Saturday the 27th on "How to Teach about Nature Outdoors".  It is 1 1/2 hours including a hike and program that will give practical tips to help teachers of grades K-8 use the outdoors to teach interdisciplinary science/literacy/math. It will take place in Canton at the Mary Conklin Preserve, talking about the habitat and how to integrate it with curriculum, how to extend outdoor learning with your school environment, and how to teach outdoor safety to your students. The leader is Dr. Sarah Faulkner. More information is available on the Hartford Audubon website, www.hartfordaudubon.org  or contact Sarah at sffaulkner at comcast.net

I am hoping that you will forward this to  teachers who are interested.  I am out of the loop when it comes to the schools and I am hoping we can get a good group. Sarah is an excellent educator and committed to helping kids get out in nature.

Note that all HAS trips are free and open to the public.

Thanks for any help in passing this along!

Zellene