[CT Birds] Greenwich Point Movement

Shaun Martin birdj510 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 11:09:31 EDT 2014

My brother Stefan Martin and I had a very good morning flight with 130+
Warblers of 13 species. Several Tanager, Grosbeak, Swainson's Thrush and a
large number Phoebe's were noted. There was a significant movement of
Robins and Flickers, along with a noticeable increase in more common
migrants. We also had a handful of Purple Finch flyovers along with a
single RB-Nut. My brother later found a Yellow-crowded Night-Heron and 2
Green-winged Teal, both of which are uncommon for the park. Also of note
were a couple dozen Monarchs roosting and feeding throughout the property.
A very good sight, and to me, a better sighting than the birds.

Shaun Martin