[CT Birds] Westport CT Warblers & Chat

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 11:50:02 EDT 2014

 It was a busy morning at the CT Audubon Tree Farm and Sherwood Island SP. Here are the highlights.

9/23/14- Westport- CT Audubon Tree Farm( with Gina Nichol)- Yellow-breasted Chat seen by Gina,probable CT Warbler seen by both of us briefly. Both birds were seen in the northeast area in the low dense brushy areas.Lots of warblers as well.

Sherwood Island SP- CT Warbler seen near handicap parking sign and large boulder just north of the baseball field. First seen low in the dense dark green bushy tree and then walking on the ground moving right and then in the low brushy area in front of large deciduous tree. It seemed to be moving right with all the other warblers in that area.

Between the two locations,I had twelve species of warblers,Indigo Buntings,Rose-breasted Grosbeaks(3),Yellow- throated Vireo,Blue-headed & Red-eyed Vireos,Baltimore Oriole,Red-breasted nuthatch( both locations),Eastern Phoebes,Eastern Wood Pee-wee,plus.

Also had my FOS Brant at Southport Beach.

Tina Green
Westport

Sent from myMail for iOS