[CT Birds] Cedar Waxwing

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 28 10:14:52 EDT 2014

I want to thank all of you who responded to my message about the waxwing that hit my window. I read all of them, even the ones my spamblocker intercepted. It's great to know so many folks care so deeply about the birds. The robins and some waxwings are out there again this morning and hopefully, no more bird hits. I did protect the front door and windows. I think I read that at least a billion birds are killed by window strikes each year. Years ago I made a screening device for my picture window in back that works well. The screen extends out 45 degrees from the top of the window and the birds just bounce off the screen. It is not pretty, but I only need to use it during migration. It seems my regular feeder birds know the window is there and avoid it.

Zellene