[CT Birds] Can lightning strike twice?

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Thu Sep 25 05:32:28 EDT 2014

Do you suppose...?
Snowy Owl (Bubo scandiacus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Sep 22, 2014 07:20  by Kimberly Kotzian
- Tawas Point SP, Iosco, Michigan
- Map:
-  Checklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S19916551
- Comments:  "My husband and I went to the park so I could photograph the
lighthouse just  before dawn. Our visitor arrived just as the sun came up,
then disappeared  before I could get a good shot with my long lens. We were
walking back to our  car through the campground area and found him/her again.
Sitting on top of Mini  Cabin #1. We stayed for a good 20 minutes to take
photos and alert park workers  as to the bird's presence. Was still happily
resting when we left. Completely  unexpected and very pleasant surprise.
src="https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2944/15146719728_1b039f1e59_z.jpg"  alt="Snowy Owl" />_
(https://www.flickr.com/photos/wingsfan1705/15146719728) "

Don Morgan, Coventry, Ct
mntncougar at aol.com