[CT Birds] Quaker Ridge Hawk Watch 9/26: 133 Raptors inc. 9 Merlins. Hawkwatch Festival this Weekend

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 20:26:42 EDT 2014

After yesterday's washout (although we did end up with 19 birds) today was
back to business as usual. While birds were high and clouds were minimal,
we did manage to get our best Merlin flight of the season yet with 9 birds
seen, several of which were after 6 PM.

As alot of you know, tomorrow and Sunday from 11-5 PM we'll be having our
yearly Hawkwatch Festival & Green Bazaar. Live raptor shows, hawk ID
workshops, eco-friendly vendors/exhibits, kids face painting and great
local food are just a few of the many attractions we'll be offering so
bring the whole family out for a good time...and hopefully some hawks too!
More info here:

Sept 26th 2014, Quaker Ridge, Audubon Greenwich CT
Osprey: 8
Bald Eagle: 3
Northern Harrier: 4
Sharp-Shinned Hawk: 64