[CT Birds] West Nile Virus

Jan Hollerbach smilifase at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 15:24:10 EDT 2014

I spoke with my second cousin last year.  He's retired, but he was in
charge of the environmental impact division of CALTRANS.  He told me that
WNV has pretty much devastated the magpie and jay populations in
California. Growing up in Sacramento there used to be Western Scrub Jays
everywhere! But on my last family visit out there I only saw one.  Sad.

Jan Hollerbach
Fairfield, CT