[CT Birds] Fantastic observation !

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 2 18:59:24 EDT 2014

At 6:25 pm today I sat down outside in my yard to rest as it started to clear from the NE but was getting dark. Soon I saw some birds fly out of the south woods going north into other trees in back of the house. Soon it was a continual movement of little silhouetted birds, presumed Warblers, moving through but North! Had no nocks but did see one as a BT Green. Then as the sky cleared almost 100%, I saw some small silhouetted birds very high up going due SW ! About 20 in one minute! Could i have just seen the early start of their nights migration? As it got darker and the sky got dark I couldn't see well enough to pick birds out that high up. I do live up at 1,000 feet at the top of a big hill, so I was closer to them than being at the foot of my hill.
BUT - I feel i witnessed the real migration of many Warblers lifting up for their clear nights departure. Has anyone else seen what i just witnessed? I feel so gifted to be able to have witness this fantastic event! Love them Birds!!!

Paul Carrier - Harwinton