[CT Birds] Fantastic observation !

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 2 19:39:49 EDT 2014

Paul,

When I lived in Norwich, I would witness a fair number of warblers moving north through the yard and neighborhood trees about an hour or so before sunset.  I can't remember the specifics now, but the timing was very predictable to within minutes.  Other than that, warblers were generally hard to come by there.  My house was north of the main city with Mohegan Park just to the south of my neighborhood.  There was a large and mostly treeless cemetery bordering my property to the west.  I figured that during the day, warblers ended up in Mohegan Park during migration and would actively feed and trickle north in late afternoon before good migration nights, leading them right through my yard before taking flight at sunset.  I really miss getting to enjoy "evening flight" from my own yard.

Glenn Williams
Mystic