[CT Birds] 10/3 Highlights- Greenwich

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 19:17:58 EDT 2014

Shaun and Stefan Martin-
All in all it was a pretty productive morning/afternoon. Greenwich point was a lot quieter than we had hoped, with only a few flocks of mixed warblers/migrants to pick through. We then headed to Rosa Hartman (located on the Stamford/Old Greenwich boarder) in hopes of finding some larger flocks.. We were not disappointed.. Before long we found ourselves picking through decently sized mixed flocks of migrants. At times it was appropriate to use the expression 'birds dripping from the trees'. We were sifting through birds well into the early afternoon.

63 species total with 13 species of warbler.
Spectacular looks at a WHITE-EYED VIREO would be my vote for best bird of the day.
FOF- Juncos and Brown Creepers.
Tons of Blackpolls and singing Parulas. Good looks at Nashville as well. (Always fun)

Stefan Martin
Stamford

Sent from my iPhone