[CT Birds] Eagle

minor.craig minor.craig at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 30 08:26:51 EDT 2014

About ten years ago my dad was given a white artic wolf pelt . If anyone has ever seen one these are big animals like the size of a medium German Shepard . Now this is where it gets interesting , the way the pelt came about was my dad's friend was hunting caribou in the north , while they were tracking the caribou herd the saw a eagle swoop down and strike this wolf on the back I'm guessing somewhere behind its head . He said the eagle killed the wolf with one strike ! Has anyone ever head of an eagle killing a large animal like this before ? It must have been an amazing thing to witness ! The power of a great bird like the eagle .  Craig    Vernon