[CT Birds] Probable Tri-Colored Heron, Branford

Aaron Dollar aarondollar at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 16:12:07 EDT 2014

Hello CT Birders - On the train today, just before 4pm, I caught a glimpse of what was likely a tricolored heron. It was on the south (Sound) side of the tracks between Branford and Guilford centers. Looking at a map, I believe it was in the marsh near Tilcon Rd. in Branford, where the trolley trail crosses, but could have been a bit further east.

Tricolored was seen in the area within the last few weeks according to ebird, so possible continuing bird.

- Aaron Dollar (North Kingstown RI/New Haven)