[CT Birds] 10/1 birds

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 16:43:32 EDT 2014

I birded Hammonasset Beach SP (Madison) and the Shell Beach marsh
(Guilford) in hopes of seeing some downed migrants. Hammonasset was slow
for me with the highlight being an immature LITTLE BLUE HERON in the
boulder pool at Meigs Pt. Noble Proctor had a single AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVER
and PECTORAL SANDPIPERS in the park today. The three adult WHITE-RUMPED
SANPIPERS continued at the Shell Beach marsh along with a decent count for
the date of 111 Semipalmated Sandpipers and a single GREEN-WINGED TEAL.

Extralimitally, this weather has so far turned up inland Bonaparte's Gulls,
Red-necked Grebe, scoters, and at least one jaeger in nearby states.
Hopefully some of our larger inland water bodies are being checked.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT