[CT Birds] Rain this weekend = fallout?

Katherine Kuckens katkuckens at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 22:22:10 EDT 2014

I followed some links on this list and read the weather forecast, and it
got me thinking about fallouts.  Besides "The Big Year" and that wonderful
Central Park NY documentary, I don't know enough about this phenomenon.
Does it only happen when rain falls at night? Certain times of the night?
If I were standing on my porch during a sudden pre-dawn downpour, would
hundreds of birds suddenly drop to my lawn?   How would I find out when and
where to be to experience fallout conditions?

Kat Kuckens