[CT Birds] Big Sit! Sunday, Connecticut Audubon Society's Surf Scopers are going for the record

Frank Gallo fgallo at ctaudubon.org
Wed Oct 8 14:28:52 EDT 2014

Connecticut Audubon Society's Surf Scopers birding team (Jim and Patrick Dugan, Frank Gallo, Tina Green, Frank Mantlik, and Jake Musser) is working to support the Coastal Center at Milford Point. Our goal is to raise more than $5,000 by spotting as many different species of birds as possible from within a 17-foot circle!

We hope to break our 2010 Big Sit! Record of 107 bird species seen, which earned us third place in a competition of 239 teams representing 51 countries! We'll start before dawn and end after dark. We pledge to SIT! (with conviction!) to raise funds to support the Coastal Center. Please help us by pledging your support.

Your tax-deductible contribution allows us to achieve our ambitious goal of raising $5,000 by seeing 100+ species from one place in one day -- every dollar you pledge supports important, far-reaching, education and conservation efforts by the Coastal Center at Milford Point. It's easy to pledge on line; just follow this link to the donation page. https://ssl.charityweb.net/ctaudubon/big-sit.htm

If you'd prefer to send in your registration, further details and a link to our registration form are available at our webpage www.ctaudubon.org<http://www.ctaudubon.org>.

We cannot do this without you, and we thank you in advance for your generosity!

Frank

Frank Gallo
Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center
1 Milford Point Road