[CT Birds] 8 Hamden Eagles Tonight

Mike Horn mfhorn at att.net
Tue Oct 7 19:01:06 EDT 2014

Hi All. We had eight eagles show up tonight between 6:00 PM and 6:30 PM at
the State St Hamden Roost / Nest Site opposite the WB Mason warehouse about
a mile North of the DMV. A snapshot around 6:25 PM yielded: The two adults
sitting next to each other on the show branch four immatures consisting of
this year's twins, last year's big female (Princess Anne) who had a fresh
caught bunker and a new third year bird we named cocoa because the feathers
look purple if you look fast, In the tree opposite them was another new
third year eagle, Orbiting at this time was a big fourth year bird who has
been around for about a week. The best time to see these birds remains from
about sunset to about dark. Regards to all, Mike Horn