[CT Birds] 10/19 - Westport and Fairfield (incl. CTYBC Trip)

Alex Burdo aburdo10 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 21:26:49 EDT 2014

Our October CTYBC trip took place this morning, and was a huge success. Led
by Tina Green, we covered the Christmas Tree Farm and Sherwood Island in
Westport. Following the trip, Brendan Murtha, Jory Teltser, and I birded a
few locations around Fairfield. I then made a solo visit to Greenfield Farm
to round out the day.

Information on forthcoming November and December trips should be posted
shortly. Please invite any young birders you know to participate in these
outings. A huge thanks to Tina Green, Kathy Van Der Aue, and Sean Murtha
for leading and chaperoning the trip. Highlights of the day are posted
below:

>From Tina Green, Kathy Van Der Aue, Sean Murtha, and CTYBC Members:
10/19 - Westport, Sherwood Island State Park -- 1 AMERICAN KESTREL, 35
HORNED LARK, 2 BROWN THRASHER, 6 AMERICAN PIPIT, 1 VESPER SPARROW, 3
WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW, 2 EASTERN MEADOWLARK.

>From Alex Burdo, Kathy Van Der Aue, Brendan Murtha, and Jory Teltser:
10/19 - Fairfield, Southport Beach -- 1 AMERICAN PIPIT, 30 PINE SISKIN.

>From Alex Burdo, Brendan Murtha, and Jory Teltser:
10/19 - Fairfield, Metro Conservation Area -- 3 AMERICAN PIPIT, 1
WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW.
Fairfield, Ash Creek Open Space -- 1 LINCOLN'S SPARROW, 1 WHITE-CROWNED
SPARROW, 1 Hermit Thrush, 1 Eastern Towhee.

>From Alex Burdo:
10/19 - Fairfield, Greenfield Farm -- 1 BLACK VULTURE, 1 EASTERN
MEADOWLARK, 2 Field Sparrow.

Alex Burdo
Fairfield