[CT Birds] Greenwich Highlights

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 23:23:14 EDT 2014

An enjoyable day of birding for everyone!
Adding one species to The Tod's Point list.
1-Pintail flying at the end of a small group of Brant.

Rockwood Reservoir- still continuing to produce. I've had a continuing Pied-billed Grebe for the better part of 2 weeks now and at least 2 Pectoral Sandpipers up until 2 days ago. On Oct 12 I had 11 Ring-necked Ducks, 30+ GW Teal, 2 BW Teal, 1 Pintail and a lone Drake Hooded Merganser (sorry for the late post.) today I had 2 Lesser Yellowlegs, 1 Wilson's Snipe and 30+ Pipits. All birds were working the exposed mud (I've never seen it this low). The Grebe and Merganser continue along with 20 or so GW Teal.

Also a great day for Hawkwatching throughout the state (especially Lighthouse!!)

Stefan Martin
Stamford

Sent from my iPhone