[CT Birds] Birders are great everywhere!

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 13 09:42:42 EDT 2014

I was in Fort Washington PA for my high school reunion. I had a day to myself and happened to drive past a tall grass meadow. Sure enough there was someone with binoculars. We chatted and he told me of a hawk watch close by. I ended up at the Militia Hill Hawk Watch. Only the coordinators were there (from the Wyncote Audubon) since the day was cloudy and wet. Nothing flying. They have a great spot with a two story tower. I also walked some of the trails and found kinglets and confusing fall warblers. Had I not spotted that birder, I would never had had such a good day.
Of interest was that in the info kiosk was Paul Carrier's famous hawk silhouette guide. They thanked Paul for making it available.