[CT Birds] Madison: Blue Grosbeak-no, Bittern-yes

Chuck Imbergamo imbercj at comcast.net
Thu Oct 16 13:19:37 EDT 2014

Spent a while this morning in very wet conditions trying to find the Blue Grosbeak; no luck yet but I'll keep the group posted if I find him.

The American Bittern was a different story; found him doing the 'reed display' - visible from the western exit road from the Willard Island lot as well as the Menunkatuck blind on the east side of the marsh on the north side of the nature center parking lot.

Be prepared to get your feet very wet if you you use the blind...a large puddle is only entry to the blind!

Chuck Imbergamo