[CT Birds] Sherwood Island SP Highlights

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 24 16:20:26 EDT 2014

 I spent almost 7 hours at Sherwood Island SP today,in part with AJ and Sue Hand covering the entire park except for the west woods and the 911 Memorial area.We tallied 65 species including the following highlights.

10/24/14-Westport-Sherwood Island SP- 4 Horned Grebe,6
raptor species including Osprey,7 Northern Harriers & a 1st year Bald Eagle,Clapper Rail & Sora flushed together at high tide while walking the edge of the marsh,5 gull species including Lesser Black-backed & Laughing Gull,American Kestrel,Merlin,&Peregrine Falcon,14 American Pipits,7 eastern Towhee(2f),9 White-crowned Sparrows(2 adults),200+ White-throated Sparrows(conservative count and clearly the bird of the day)and 1 Eastern Meadowlark.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone