[CT Birds] Snow Geese plus...

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 25 18:51:39 EDT 2014

15 Snow Geese flying due west very high over house this afternoon -I live at 1,000 feet - Also head them barely, Had time to get nocks and one appeared to be a dark form.
Also yard was jumpin with birds today...

12 Purple Finch, only 3 males
3 Goldfinch - no Siskin today
1 Red-b-Nuthatch
1 Brown Creeper
And loads of Chipping Sparrow in yard and neighborhood...

White throated Sparrow numbers climbing - now 12
Same with Junco - now 20

Went by a farm In Torrington today that has lots of corn still up. Saw many-40-50 Red wing Blackbird, and at a pond where they were also present, had 4 Rusty Blackbird in with them. I don't recall them being together before. At least for me.

Also - I checked out Bristol Res #7 having 50 plus Ruddy Duck, 1 Pied b Greebe and in with the many Ring billed Gull was a lone Laughing Gull flying with them. First for here. On way back home, I stopped to pick up some cut wood for the stove at side of road and saw a Bear just in the woods from me 30 feet away! What was he doing in the woods?

Paul Carrier - Harwinton