[CT Birds] Juvie Waxwings

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Sat Oct 25 22:07:11 EDT 2014

Birding at Osbornedale State Park this morning both by the Kellog center and across the street, the most common bird seemed to be Cedar Waxwing.  They were very active and constantly moving around.  I saw more individuals that usual, and small groups, though groups occasionally reached ten or more.  Of course seeing waxwings is not unusual, but what caught my attention was that EVERY Cedar Waxwing was a juvenile.  Not once did I see that crisp and classy adult waxwing look.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT