[CT Birds] Black Vultures - Manchester

Katherine Kuckens katkuckens at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 19:30:13 EDT 2014

Driving  at 4:30 this evening, just a  hundred yards from where Rte 6 meets
384 west, 4 black vultures were perched on the guardrail, overlooking a
steep drop into some grass and shrubs.  They looked HUGE to me, maybe
because they were so close.  Their pose was upright, their heads scrunched
down  into their shoulders, very flat-top, darkish beak with slight hook at
the tip,  no white showing , very black, ruffled up feathers along the
neck.  But just to help me out, one of them lazily flexed its wings to show
me its white wing tips.

Kat Kuckens