[CT Birds] Purple finch

minor.craig minor.craig at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 22 16:13:31 EDT 2014

Could someone tell me how to tell the difference between a purple finch and a house finch ?  In the book I have the difference I see from the picture is the purple finch has redish colored feathers all the way to its tail the house finch only on its head and part of its chest . Is this correct ? I have had a bird common the feeders the past few days that has redish coloring all the way down to its tail front and back .   Craig vernon