[CT Birds] Purple finch

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 19:08:36 EDT 2014

Hi Craig,

For a field guide I recommend The Sibley Guide to Birds. Referencing a
field guide like that would tell you exactly what you need to know. A good
field guide is a must-own for a birder. They pack a whole lot of
identification info into a surprisingly small space. It sounds like the
book you have does not provide much in the way of identification info.

In the meantime, the internet can be a useful resource. I just did a quick
Google search on identifying purple finches and, sure enough, several
potentially useful links were displayed on the first page of results.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT