[CT Birds] Sharon Audubon Center and Miles Wildlife Sanctuary

Zachary Adams za4250 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 25 12:28:34 EDT 2014

Today the Sharon Audubon Center hosted a waterfowl walk and field trip. We began the walk began at bog meadow pond where we witnessed a spectacle of early fall waterfowl diversity. This includes over 300 RING-NECKED DUCKS, a female RUDDY DUCK, a PIED- BILLED GREBE, a few MALLARDS, about 20 BLACK DUCKS, and at least 30 WOOD DUCKS. This great spread of birds was accented by 30 flyover PINE SISKINS, and a TENNESSEE WARBLER. The trip the continued as we drove to Miles Wildlife Sanctuary and found even more duck species including GREEN-WINGED TEAL, HOODED MERGANSER, and a single female BUFFLEHEAD. The trip was a great success and everyone got the opportunity to see some amazing fall birds.