[CT Birds] The Bridgeport yellow-bellied kingbird

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 27 07:40:08 EDT 2014

Nick,
When I saw the yellow-bellied kingbird I did notice how white the throat looked and that the white extended down to the belly. In fact,when the bird was facing us,the white really stood out along with the pale gray head,looking more like a Northern Mockingbird until it turned.When it turned sideways,it's belly was a bright yellow.We  also noted the white tail edges and the tail looked black.Even though we had distant views, they were very good views in my Swarovski scope and we had excellent lighting. I only have experience with Eastern and Western Kingbird but I think we saw a Western Kingbird.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone