[CT Birds] The Bridgeport yellow-bellied kingbird

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 13:48:50 EDT 2014

Thank you to everyone who chimed in with their observations on the bird.
Dan Rottino was kind enough to share a few more images which indeed look
better for Western Kingbird. That, especially combined with observers'
field notes of the bird's head/throat/chest pattern as pro-Western, I think
(IMO) pretty safely documents this bird as a Wesern Kingbird as initially
found and reported by Tom Murray. Thanks Tom and everyone else who
contributed! It's nice to have this one squared away thanks to a group
effort.

That being said, please do report if the bird is seen again. Even better
photos would be nice to see. These birds do move around some. I recall a
WEKI several years back that was found at Stratford Point and ended
up moving across the river to Milford Point. Seaside Park itself and
Pleasure Beach should be checked as well.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com