[CT Birds] Last week - Common Redpoll

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Mon Oct 27 22:51:11 EDT 2014

Nick Bonomo made reference earlier to day to a Common Redpoll report in CT, and this is it.

From Kat Conte
10/23 and 10/24  – Hebron, feeder in yard: COMMON REDPOLL.

When asked for any more details Kat replied "Sorry for the delay in replying, I have been out of town. I wish I could have taken a picture but the male red poll was at both of my feeders for two days then left, The red cap was very distinct and he looked just like the picture #5 in the link you sent on ID. He was into my thistle mostly, sorry that is the best I can do. I can't find any other similar bird in the list."

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT