[CT Birds] Eastern Kingbird

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 19:38:08 EDT 2014

Dana's report had me checking my own records, knowing that several of us
had seen a very late one at Barn Island a few years back. Our record was on
10/28/2007.

Eastern Kingbird vacates our region rather early in autumn and is downright
rare after the first week in October. Oct-Nov (so...right now) also happens
to be the time when vagrant GRAY KINGBIRDs appear most frequently in the
northeast.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT
www.shorebirder.com