[CT Birds] Waterford Cooper's in a not so subtle place

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Fri Oct 31 09:31:41 EDT 2014

Waterford yard:  I was wondering why I did not have very many birds at the feeders this morn.  I was just about to leave for Harkness SP when I glanced out my kitchen window to behold a very large Cooper's Hawk sitting on TOP of my bird feeder pole.   He flew off in a split second so I did not have the chance to determine whether it was adult or juv.   If an immature hawk, he/she, more likely a she from the size, will have to learn to be more subtle.

The crows are all a stir now.

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford

Sent from my iPad