[CT Birds] Ruffed Grouse etc / Conservation

mhuang at snet.net mhuang at snet.net
Sat Nov 1 20:48:37 EDT 2014

everyone should buy a duck stamp. ir benefits all wetland dependent species. To add to the earlier discussion, PR monies are based on an 11% tax on hunting equipment. that equates to an average
of 4 million a year fir CT wildlife and conservation-the majority if which hoes to game species-rightly so. if we had a 10% tax on birdseed it would generate over 6 million a year. most game speciea are stable or increasing. 80% of shrubland birds, 50% of grassland birds, and 30% if firest birds are declining- and they dont get shot. money means conservation. step up and lets get together and do something for our resource. 12 states have dedicated funds for non game wildlife.  we, the richest state in the union are in the bottom 10% in per capita spending on conservation. pathetic.

Min Huang
Columbia CT

Sent from my iPhone