[CT Birds] Hammo no Cattle Egret today

Chuck Imbergamo imbercj at comcast.net
Mon Oct 27 12:16:40 EDT 2014

I spent some time searching Hammonasset this morning on the west side and central part of the park looking for the Cattle Egret, but I could not relocate the bird.

There was a group of four immature Little Blue Herons in the marsh at the extreme southwest edge of the park.  I was able to reposition to a better vantage point and got good scope views and and verified the none were the Cattle Egret.

There were many medium and large flocks of birds moving this morning including many Pine Siskins, Starlings, Brown-headed Cowbirds and Red-winged Blackbirds.  Also seen were Tree Swallows (in smaller numbers), a group of 11 Bluebirds; 5 White-crowned Sparrows and 2 Palm Warblers, all seen in the western campground.

Chuck Imbergamo