[CT Birds] Red tailed hawks

minor.craig minor.craig at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 27 18:43:53 EDT 2014

Well the red tailed hawks I thought had left are still here , I saw one today getting harassed by a group of crows . Crows are relentless in harassing these birds why I have no idea I would imagine a hawk could easily kill a crow if it wanted to . Once when I was a kid I saw this same thing happen and the hawk swooped at one of the crows and grabbed it in its talons for awhile before letting it go , was an awesome thing to see . Also have a new regular to the feeders a little downy woodpecker who seems to like sunflower seeds . Craig vernon