[CT Birds] Waterford: Harkness Park sparrows, etc, and also yard birds

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 18:51:14 EDT 2014

Harkness SP in Waterford mid afternoon highlights were:

10 White-crowned Sparrows, all juv.
1 Hermit Thrush

Other birds included: many Song Sparrows, several Swamp, White-throated, and Savannah Sparrows, many Juncos, Bluebirds, Yellow-rumped Warblers, 2 Palm Warblers, 2 Phoebes, and 1 Red-shouldered Hawk being chased by 2 Mockingbirds

I should also mention that the only part of Harkness that I birded was the brush dump area and adjacent fields and lawns around the greenhouses, all of which is on the eastern side of Harkness.

A nice mix of yard birds this afternoon at my feeder and on the ground:  1 White-crowned Sparrow, several FOS Juncos, several White-throated sparrows, and my lingering f. PURPLE

Wish some Siskins would come my way!

Carolyn Cimino

Sent from my iPad