[CT Birds] Seaside Park 10/27, etc.

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 27 21:14:30 EDT 2014

>From Frank Mantlik
10/27  Bridgeport, Seaside Park - No sign of the previously-reported Western Kingbird this morning. I scoped the power plant from the park road near the white anchor, and was joined by Mike Resch and Laura Carberry. There were 2 EASTERN PHOEBES  near the pipes where the kingbird had been seen yesterday. I drove the park roads to the extreme east end, seeing 2 COMMON RAVENS, 3 BONAPARTE'S GULLS, and 28 LAUGHING GULLS.

Stratford, Long Beach Blvd, McKinney NWR - 1 YELLOW-CROWNED NIGHT-HERON, 1 LINCOLN'S SPARROW among tons of Song and White-throated Sparrows.