[CT Birds] Eastern Kingbird

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 28 19:05:51 EDT 2014

I've no access to data from the last 15 years or so, but Z & B (1990) show the latest date EAKI date, as 10/13.

Steve Mayo

On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 4:48 PM, Dana Campbell via CTBirds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> wrote:

10/24 - New Haven - Lighthouse Point Park Hawkwatch - 217 migrating raptors
and many small migrants including a very late EASTERN KINGBIRD which lit at
the very top of a small tree east of the watch site.  The rain was winding
down when it happened, but I got a good bino look.  Also counted were:  1
EASTERN MEADOWLARK, 15 Eastern Bluebirds, 1 AMERICAN PIPIT, 42 Cowbird sp.,
725 Red-winged Blackbirds, 50 Tree Swallows, 110 Finch sp., 6 Purple Finch,
34 House Finch, 2 Double-crested Cormorants, 14 American Crows, 45 Cedar
Waxwings, 43 American Robins, 35 Common Grackles, and 40 Blue Jays.

The Rev. Dana L. Campbell
Priest in Charge, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, Middletown CT
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"In order to see birds it is necessary to become part of the silence."
Robert Lynd