[CT Birds] Piping Plovers

Ftholloway at aol.com Ftholloway at aol.com
Thu Oct 30 11:02:22 EDT 2014

Hi Nick et al.,
Yes it seems very late to me, but I had full frontal and profile looks at
relatively short range (perhaps 30 feet) and there was no trace of even
light  brown on the backs.  Also the posture was definitely that of the Piping
Plovers rather than Semi-palms.  I have seen Pipings on the rocks at Sandy
Point and Napa Tree among other places, generally not for long periods of
time.  These birds came and flew from the ledge (extending out into the water)
within  the space of a couple minutes.
I have no photographic evidence and I am not pressing for any "official"
recognition.  I will simply let people make up their own minds.
In a message dated 10/29/2014 5:58:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,