[CT Birds] Silver Sands SP and Stratford Marina: Kinglets, Sparrows, Thrashers, Yellowlegs, Peregrine Falcon

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Thu Oct 30 17:13:44 EDT 2014

Denise Jernigan and I had the following birds of note today at Silver Sands in Milford among our 42 species:

1 Peregrine Falcon
1 Wilson's Snipe- flyover
2 Brown Thrashers
2 Hermit Thrushes
2 Golden-crowned Kinglets
8 Ruby-crowned Kinglets
12 White-crowned Sparrows (11 juv, 1 adult)

Other sparrow species seen: Song, Swamp, Field, White-throated, Savannah (no Vesper)
Also, 1 Pheasant and 10 Wild Turkeys
Other raptors: 1 Cooper's, 1 RT Hawk, and 1 RS Hawk

At Stratford Marina we had 4 Black-crowned NIght Herons, 1 Yellow-crowned NIght Heron, all juv., and at least 80 Greater Yellowlegs

Carolyn Cimino
Sent from my iPad