[CT Birds] Harkness SP in Waterford: Winter Wren, Merlin

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Fri Oct 31 17:21:23 EDT 2014

I spent two hours at Harkness this morn.   Song Sparrows were very abundant as were YR Warblers.   Other sparrows seen included 2 White-crowned (juv), 1 Savannah, many White-throated, and several Swamp.  I checked for sparrows in the usual spot, the brush dump and lawns, gardens, and fields adjacent to the greenhouse, but I also spent a little time on the west side of the park.   As I said above, YR Warblers rule everywhere at Harkness!

Other birds of interest: 1 WINTER WREN,
2 E. Phoebes, 1 Merlin, 3 Hermit Thrushes, and 1 E. Towhee.   Did not have my scope with me but I did manage to see 1 Common Loon offshore.

Carolyn Cimino

Sent from my iPad