[CT Birds] Inter-species House Finch disease

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 09:00:55 EST 2014

Cornell Lab of Ornithology has been conducting a study for years via
Project Feeder Watch and another , Project House Finch Watch (or something
like that) which has run out of funding.  People are still asked to report
it on Feeder Watch though.  You can learn more about it here:

Part of the problem seems to be that house Finches are not native to the
east and the root population that was released in the 1940's has a lack of
the genetic diversity that may protect other birds.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut