[CT Birds] Grouse in CT - promise my last word...

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 2 10:36:56 EST 2014

Shaun - Yes, that's how the State lets the people know Hunting isn't the problem. But I am NOT saying hunting IS the problem for their decline! But by continuing to hunt Grouse IS one of the factors that contributes to keeping the population from growing. That seems so simple to understand for me and many others.
 YES, their are other reasons for their decline, but shooting them sure doesn't help. Why does the State continue to allow the hunting of Grouse, when they also know of all the other factors that lead to their loss in our State? Each factor that helps the Grouse, like new habitat, is great when we do it. But to continue to have an open season to kill them seems counter productive to me. But - seems that's how our State works. Shows their concern by studying and trying to improve habitat Etc, but keeps the hunters happy and money coming in anyway. Counter productive i would say...

 - And, all this talk for so long from the State about research and studies to find a solution or find the problem why Grouse are declining. I can tell you now with certainty - GROUSE ARE DECLINING! and have been for many years! Now save some money from your long research and do something about that, Produce more suitable habitat and STOP SHOOTING THEM in the MEANTIME!

Paul Carrier  -