[CT Birds] Purple finches and rarity round up

Lisa Gagnon lisa.gagnon45 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 15:15:04 EST 2014

Lisa G Stafford Springs Ct, 11/3/14.  How about Tolland and Windham
counties, I know out my way we have a lot of habitat that could host a rare
bird or two, there isn't a lot of birders that I know of out here except a
few of us I wouldn't mind participating locally for as much as I could
handle. Remember when I found the Bohemian waxwing back in early 2000 -
2003 or so can't remember exactly when, I was doing home care in Tolland
ct.   Also yesterday 11//2/14 I had one male and one female purple finch
that's it the big crew has moved on and haven't returned, also the wind
blew in a lot more juncos and my white throated sparrows took off I'm not
happy about that I like them. All my regulars though are happy that the
finch festival is over they can get on the feeders now. Lisa G.