[CT Birds] East Shore Park Fallout, Woodcock

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Mon Nov 3 19:03:05 EST 2014

?I stopped by East Shore Park after a meeting today, just around sunset.  There were tons of sparrows around the maintenance shed at the NE corner of the park.  I'd estimate 300 Dark-eyed Juncos, 150 Song Sparrows, 30 Swamp Sparrows and 20 White-throated Sparrows.  Certainly worth looking that flock over more closely.   Also present were ~100 American Robins and 2 Hermit Thrushes.   An American Woodcock flushed from the bushes behind the maintenance area.

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road