[CT Birds] Stonington Sandhill Cranes

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 18:19:33 EST 2014

While on my way to Cape Cod today I was lucky enough to see 2 Sandhill Cranes flyover and cross the highway while I was driving on I-95 in Stonington. Luck had everything to do with it.For one thing,I was only a few miles from the Rhode Island border so if I had been a few minutes earlier or later,I probably would not have seen the cranes.I was so excited to see the cranes,but,I had a "Twilight Zone" moment when a car passed me moments after I saw the cranes and the license plate read "Cranes". Yikes! Timing is everything,especially in birding!

For Roy:
11/7/14-Stonington- on I-95 near Rhode Island-2 Sandhill Cranes flying over and heading Northwest.

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone