[CT Birds] Sparrow question..why all the noise?

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Nov 6 00:06:50 EST 2014

House Sparrows can be very noisy in flocks.  I recall one ivy-covered wall I used to pass in the early evening that was full of House Sparrows and an absolute racket as I walked by.  What was funny was that if I stopped walking it was instant silence, the noise not returning until I continued walking.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT